Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Deciding on Gray

This is our living room currently. Orange speckled brown shag carpeting covering up beautiful hardwood (from what we can see in the corner we pulled up), Floral wall paper, and a very decorative fireplace. It needs a good lightening up - we've decided a long time ago that we want to go with a more neutral pallet and add color with rugs, throws, and art. Keeping that in mind, we decided on gray. Warm grays, cool grays, and every kind of grays in the house. We've put paint card on the wall and as the day progresses we look and mark our favorite with the time of day on it. So far the first one in the second row is winning.
 I've unearthed some of my art supplies but it's a very unorganized putting away of things. There isn't really a studio place here and by the time we get to the attic I think the oldest wants to claim it as his room - and rightfully so. My sewing supplies may be kept in a hutch in the dining room, yarn in a basket in the living room, and I'm making a small studio space in the master bedroom. Do any of you have your supplies spread out like this? Can you keep it organized and remember where it all is?

4 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Grey is good. :)
I have my craft supplies all over the house and am often pleasantly surprised by what I find as I forget what is where!!!
V x

Rachael said...

I love grey - my old bedroom was painted a dark and a lighter grey - love it. I have a "sewing Corner" where my sewing machine and it's cabinet lives and then everything else I've shoved on a shelf in a closet - sadly if I was as messy as I wanted to be with my crafty stuff and supplies i'd be taking over the whole one bed apartment!

Micaela said...

Amanda, i was soooo very happy to hear that the house was finally yours! i can not wait to see what you do with this beautiful space-- i loveee the choice of gray!

ps. the nurses at the hospital couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the quilt you made Felix was. <3 at some point when i've begun to feel like myself, i can't wait to share my birth story with you if you want to hear it. it wasn't as planned (that's the thing with labor isn't it?) but it was all so worth it.

Kristen said...

Ooooh, you have such fantastic bones to work with here! I'm in love with that radiator. I can't wait to watch your progress, and to see how it all turns out. :)