Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bits of The Weekend

There are so many bits of things that happened this weekend I don't know where to start! This package of fabric happiness arrived on Friday. It's for a very special quilt that I am hoping to tell you more about shortly. Only seeing Freshcuts by Heather Bailey on the internet, it made me a little worried that colors would be a bit bright or maybe the patterns would be too much for the project. Thankfully it's just what I was looking for - amazingness.
Saturday was the day to prepare for Damien's 9th birthday party. He wanted a Sonic The Hedgehog cake for awhile but when he wanted chocolate frosting too ... well I had to get my thinking cap on. Sunday the day of the party, he gave me his approval (whew), now that he is 9 that is a little harder to get.
Also arriving in my mail box was this lovely book!! Gosh I am still in shock over this giveaway win. Tif was sweet enough to sign it for me. The pages have been turned, read, and stared at. Funny how it's been on my must have books and now that I have it I don't want to put it down. There are a million little details to this book that I adore. If you are a fan of granny chic, vintage, or handmade - it should be in you hands too. Thank you so much Dottie Angel
Last but not least is a new journey we are starting to prepare for. So this weekend I started going room by room organizing and downsizing. Taking pictures of items you may have seen and inquired about that were in my house, for the shop and the bay. Only the absolute must have can't live without items will make the cut. Something that is much harder than you may think.
Hope your weekend was full of bits like mine :)
P.S. Can you spy what Aries' item snuck into my last photo?

3 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

The Dottie Angel is great, unlike any other book I have!
Love the new fabric. :)
So glad Damien had a lovely birthday, he certainly had a lovely cake.
V x

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win. The cake was delicious. I'm still savoring it's memory. Lol on Aries item, I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't brought it to my attention.

Jenniffer said...

Happy Birthday to your oldest! Your cake is amazing- you are a very good mom. Those things can be a make it or break it for the birthday kid.

Beautiful fabric and items. As always, things are looking so colorful and romantic at your place! :)