Monday, May 30, 2011

Bags - Some Finished

Here is a sample of my bags that will be at the farmer's market!! This weekend I was able to get more done than I expected to and hopefully even more will get done during the week. 
The other day I watched the movie Nanny McPhee Returns with the kids. I must tell you that I wanted all of Mrs. Green's (Maggie Gyllenhall's character) clothes.
 Pretty country cottage floral skirts, embroidered peasant tops, and a kelly green jacket with satin ballerina pink lining were just some of the pretty things I saw. In fact I think Mrs. Green would appreciate these bags. 
The movie also has the coziest little cottage. So while the kids were fascinated by plot I was plotting decorating ideas. Are there movies that do this to you? 
Nanny McPhee Returns was just added to my list that already included Practical Magic, Amelie, and Because I Said So. All movies that I could watch for decorating and style ideas. 
So I think I may stop making bags for a bit - not long, just enough to decorate my house into a cozy summer cottage.


Prairie Rose said...

Adorable Purses!!
SO cute!
I LOVE the kitchen in the movie Practical Magic (I actually love the whole house) but that is my dream kitchen to a T.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Gorgeous bags Amanda, just beautiful!! :)
I watched Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead man's Chest last night, I have to say there weren't many decorating ideas in it but I do like Captain Sparrow!! ;)
Vivienne x

janet said...

Hello Amanda,
OMGosh...these are simply stunning. All the doilies and gorgeous cottage prints.

I'm in love!

Yes...I get inspired by movies also. I will be doing a post soon about a project inspired by 'The Holiday'.

Good luck at the market

Janet xox

Grace said...

Oh my goodness!!! SOOOOO CUTE! Do you ever sell them in your etsy shop?

Lola Nova said...

What lovely bags! I really like the shape of them.

April said...

I really want to see that movie! I loved the first one!

Carol A.Bender said...

I love them, and so well made too. I had the privilege of seeing and feeling them. I love how you lined them.

Eileen {bluebirdluxe} said...

Very sweet bags! Now I want to see Nanny McPhee Returns! Obviously, I missed the first one, too. ..I'm still trying to think of some movies.. I'll get back with you! :)