Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Wait

Some people call it anxiety. Some call it a journey. Some call it patience. The reality is that it's something you want now but know that you can't have it right away. I call it the Veruca Salt syndrome!

The pregnant woman who is past her due date, the young child sitting at his desk listening for the school bell, the patient sitting in the doctors office are all feeling it. I have the Veruca Salt syndrome right now. 

I am spying, pacing, pulling my hair out waiting for the people who are currently in our new house to exit so that I can start painting, decorating, and cleaning. As the time is ticking down it is only getting worse. I feel a lack of ambition on our current residence. There are boxes to be packed, windows to be cleaned, bags to go to the thrift store and instead I sit here dreaming. 

I am reminded daily that my constant whining and nagging will not make the time go any faster. When I saw the truck this weekend a glimmer of hope ran through my body. Lots of activity this Friday but none today and hopefully the most tomorrow ( I told you I was spying - I have no shame). So for now I sit here and ............WAIT!

7 comments:

Carol Bender said...

Wait for it....

Jan said...

I've never had patience, but I didn't know there was a syndrome.

Anji said...

I've been waiting for something too these last few weeks. Hopefully we're both nearly there - soon...

Anonymous said...

Sending you patience, although I don't know where I'm going to get it from, as I don't have any myself!!! lol
Vivienne x

Unknown said...

Oh, I do not blame you~ waiting is always hard!

Si thrilled you are joining the BARN CHICKS! signing you up right now...

thanks,

Karen

hook and needle said...

From the beloved Dr. Suess:
You can get so confused that you’ll start in to race down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space, headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

The Waiting Place…for people just waiting.

Waiting for a train to go or a bus to come, or a plane to go or the mail to come, or the rain to go or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow or waiting around for a Yes or No or waiting for their hair to grow. Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite or waiting for wind to fly a kite or waiting around for Friday night or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake or a pot to boil, or a Better Break or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants or a wig with curls, or Another Chance. Everyone is just waiting.

We're doing a fair bit of waiting here, too.

Natasha said...

I remember the anxiety of the new house 'wait'. Hang in there it will be here before you know it!!